Why Desert Mountain Medicine?
Our teaching approach heavily favors hands-on, scenario based practice taught in a wilderness setting. We pride ourselves on the dynamic delivery of course curriculum using innovative educational techniques and integrative scenarios. We strive to deliver professional courses that are rich in quality, consistency, and effectiveness while still having fun “in the classroom.”
Who Takes our Courses?
- Individuals working for government agencies
- Search and rescue
- Educational institutions
- Commercial outfitters and guides
- Non-profit outdoor education programs
- Emergency medical services personnel
- Outdoor enthusiasts
Our instructors are very knowledgeable, dynamic and address all learning styles. Our instructor team are all certified Emergency Medical Technicians and work as outdoor educators and/or guides for companies like OARS, Outwardbound, Colorado Mountain College’s Outdoor Studies Program, Grand Canyon Youth, Vail Powder Guides and Copper Mountain Ski Patrol to name a few.
- DMM and Matt Parker were featured in the October issue of Outside Magazine.
- Check out DMM’s new WFR Instructor Training Course (ITC)
- Check out our new Hybrid WFR Courses
- Our 2014 schedule is being updated daily to reflect new courses!
- Review our WFR recertification study guide